- About Us
- COVID-19 Updates
- Pet Library
- Informational Pages
- More Features
- Contact Us
Pellissippi Veterinary Hospital COVID-19 Update
1. We are offering curbside or drop-off appointments only. We are continuing to socially distance in accordance with the current CDC guidelines. Due to the small size of our facility, we are unable to perform in-person appointments at this time. Please call when you arrive to check-in and a member of our staff will retrieve your pet and bring them inside for treatment. Once your examination is complete you may speak with the doctor via cellphone or outside in-person. We know it is difficult to be separated from your pets and we will return them to you as quickly as possible.
2. Bring a charged cellphone. Calling once you have arrived will be the most efficient process for check-in. We have dedicated staff inside awaiting your call. Staff members outside transporting pets will not be able to assist you as quickly as our front desk. This will also allow our doctors to discuss detailed treatment plans with you when necessary.
3. Have your pet safely restrained. All dogs must be on a leash. All cats and exotic pets must be in a carrier or equally safe restraint system. Your pet may not be as familiar with our staff and may attempt to escape. We would be devastated if one of our patients were to become lost or injured during transportation into the clinic. This is of great concern considering our placement between two busy roadways. If you do not have a way to restrain you pet for the visit, please give us a call and we will be happy to lend you one of ours!
4. Please load and unload your pet from the vehicle. Many otherwise sweet animals may become defensive or aggressive if a stranger enters their space. This causes undo stress for your pet and may result in you and/or a staff member getting injured. Some pets may get excited upon return to you and jump up on or into your vehicle window, if you are inside. And last but not least, it promotes social distancing.
5. Please be nice. We are all in this together.